Litter-Robot Carbon Filter and Base Seal Installation
The Carbon Filter and gray, brush-type Base Seals are designed to contain odor within the drawer. The replacement frequency of both accessories is based on personal preference. Replacement Carbon Filters and gray, brush-type Base Seals can be ordered on our website under accessories at Litter Robot Accessories.
See the full set of instructions below to learn how to replace your Carbon Filter and gray, brush-type Base Seals.
Remember you may always give customer service a call at 1-877-250-7729 between the hours of 9AM and 5PM (EST), Monday through Friday. You can also e-mail us at support@Litter-Robot.com.
Carbon Filter Replacement
1. Grab the bottom corner of the filter and pull down, away from the drawer step.
1. Slide filter into Rib located near the inside front wall of the Waste Drawer.
2. Fit the top edge of the Carbon Filter under the four hooks as shown below.
3. Be sure that the Carbon Filter is properly covering the Waste Drawer Vent completely. You may need to pull the top edge of the filter up once fitted under the hooks.
The Carbon Filter, when installed properly, should look like the picture below.
Base Seal Replacement
1. Pull up on old strip and peel off.
2. Use a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol to remove any excess adhesive from the old seal.
3. Make sure surface is dry before installing new seals.
1. Peel back the protective strip 3-4 inches from the adhesive backing of the seal.
2. Place the adhesive side of the strip above the rib.
3. Press down firmly on the Base Seal and peel back the remaining protective backing as you go along.
The Base Seal strip should look like the picture below once installation is complete.